Help me out! I'm always open to requests - send me music to review, topics to write about, artists you want to learn more about (if I don't know, I'll do the research), even music gear to play with and review. Contact me by email here.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

People made a video and I didn't know about it.

By which I mean the duo of Mary Halvorson and Kevin Shea. It's not new, nor is the song, but I need to get out of the 1960s on this blog as quickly as possible:




Later tonight I intend to review one of two ironic cover albums that Kevin has done this year - Puttin' On The Ritz's cover of the Velvet Underground's White Light/White Heat. He has also apparently recorded a version of Kind of Blue with Moppa Elliot's band Mostly Other People Do The Killing.

I will have a LOT to say about Kevin's involvement in two projects to re-record entire classic albums from an era before he was born. But in the meantime, this is a nice, short song to get you accustomed to Kevin's playing and his fondness for dropping stuff during performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment